• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need help refining my new alkaline/raw food diet

Clean_Cut

Bluelighter
Hey guys,
so my mum has been battling cancer for a while now and as a result I have encouraged her (now with the help of an amazing naturopath) to switch to a better diet..which I will join her on

I have just bought an alkaline water filter - it is great..I can actually taste the difference and I have done pH tests...IT WORKS.

Tomorrow im planning to go and buy a slow extraction juicer.

I have bought some spirulina also and have just to take one teaspoon every morning.

The foods I already plan to include are: brown rice, quinoa, almonds, wheat grass(in combo with spirulina), eggs (laid by neighbours chicken :) ), various types of vegetables - which will also be able to be made into juices, coldwater fish and occasionally some organic chicken or turkey.

She has advised my mother to avoid dairy as it produces mucous, which cancer feeds on as well as causes inflammation. Sugar is also out as cancer feeds directly on sugar.

Basically im looking for any additional foods to add to the list when considering what healthy meals im going to create for myself and my mother...or even whole meal ideas that any of you may have.

Thankyou in advance for any responses =D

im really sorry to hear about ur mom:( hows she doing?

and its good that your eating healthier!! i wish i could, but i cant decide what my parents wanna make for dinner.

i would say try adding green tea to your diet, its got no calories and tastes great (if you get the right kind, some kinds taste like shit haha) it has soooo many health benefits

and maybe buy some fish oil pills, the omega acids in it help reduce inflammation.

i hope your mom gets better!! plur, nick.